Dimensions and location
Before installing any kind of mirror in the room it is very important to familiarize yourself with all the nuances that may appear during installation.
- the size of a large mirror in the range of 1.7-1.9 m;
- to be displayed in full height, a surface 140 cm high is needed, no more than 120 cm to the knees, 60 cm to the waist, only a head 40 cm;
- significantly increase the room mirror from the ceiling to the floor;
- the smallest in width - not less than 0.3-0.4 m;
- when located in the work area, we face a nuisance - a constant struggle with fingerprints and other contaminants;
The mirror becomes the final detail when creating the interior
- the composition of several small accessories is raised from the floor by 1.5 m;
- we install wall structures at eye level so as not to bend down in attempts to examine the reflection;
- mistakenly place mirror surfaces opposite each other, so the flat will turn into a maze, instead of a visual expansion of the space;
- avoid working with fragments with raw edges, so as not to injure;
- If you hang in the zone of direct exposure to sunlight, the surface from heating quickly dims. Lighting should fall not on the accessory, but on the interior items that are displayed in it.
For decorating rooms, use the property of mirrors to display streams of light.. Competently placed interior details will transform dark rooms, and add volume to narrow corridors. If the accessory is hung not directly, but at a certain angle, the amount of furniture in the room visually increases or an endless corridor is created.
Fine and original doorsreturn to menu ↑
Functionality and Purpose
We choose the shape of the mirror relative to the function that will be performed in the interior of the apartment. All options are discussed with family members to take into account preferences:
- vertical direction - make the cloth higher, allow you to see yourself in full growth;
- horizontal - "pushing" the walls, but the ceilings seem low;
- square and rectangular shape - complement a strict classical style;
- oval and round shape - most often used in the decoration of hallways;
- figured or in the form of a triangle - made to order, decorate the apartment of creative people with extraordinary thinking;
- Framed - perform a decorative function.
Unusual solution with flowers
Mirror surfaces not only reflect the world around, but also become an indescribable part of the decor. Let's make a pattern for a mosaic in order to decorate walls with fiction, in parallel with “expanding” or “raising” ceilings.return to menu ↑
Front door with mirror
Such doors will save the space of a narrow corridor. In a small apartment we install a standard door with a mirror on the inside. For a country house we choose the outer surface, complemented by forging or bars.BoardInstead of a mirror, you can stick a sunscreen on the door. The surface is resistant to shocks, easily cleaned of dirt, allows you to equip the door bell and peepers.
Visually increase the space
We decorate the door:
- A quick look to fix hair, is an unconscious instinct, so the decision to get a door with a mirror like a modern lady.
- Harmoniously fits into any style. It is combined with country, classic and even African style, suggesting the installation of accessories in the walls.
- These doors are in harmony with any furniture in the hallway. Most often acquire panels of ash, bleached oak or wenge.
- The door design involves the manufacture of panels more than 12 mm in thickness, when compared with the standard - 10 mm.
- Visually, the walls are moved apart, so we will arrange a new space in the hallway and corridor.
This option will be the main highlight of the houseBoardThe price for a standard construction will be lower than for snow-white or colored doors. It looks interesting not a solid canvas, but a complex mosaic, made of colored pieces or small mirrors of different shapes (lined with patterns, round or square). Return to the menu
Mirrors on the wall
Mirror surfaces increase narrow rooms, visually expand the usable space. If you hang one mirror at the end of the corridor, this erroneous method will not add to the attractiveness of the apartment. You should think of a composition of several accessories so that the space will play.
Mirror surfaces increase narrow roomsreturn to menu ↑
A bold decision to cut the mirror surface into strips or squares to embody the idea of decorating a larger section of the wall. You can place splinters abutting or leave space. Even if during the operation one square disappears, it can easily be exchanged for a similar element.
A bold solution for the interiorreturn to menu ↑
There are no mirrors on the opposite walls. It is best to hang a picture opposite or family photo. So the interior will not be overloaded, and the space will visually become larger.
Increasingly used in the design of ceilings. We place an ordinary mirror or make a mosaic of pieces, increasing and “lifting” low ceilings. Lay out any pattern in pieces, even a novice will learn to work with them. You can make a mirror cornice, running it around the perimeter of the room. Luxurious reception looks in the bedrooms of classic style.
Luxurious living room
If part of the wall is decorated with decorative plaster, we supplement it with a mosaic of mirror fragments. Also make out the transition between the plastered wall and wallpaper. The light will fall on the mosaic, expanding the space. The light source is not important, even if it is not the sun's rays, but the built-in light.
Use of light
For the modern style we use models with a matte surface, and the bulbs are replaced by less powerful ones. Complement the composition of copper or aluminum plates, rubbed to a shine, which is placed on the walls.
We decorate the wall not with a mosaic, but with mirrors in frames of different shapes. So do the ceiling below, this technique "breaks" the wall with small elements. Gallery on the wall is suitable for living room decor, it will add home comfort.The classic style emphasizes thick frames, and modern directions involve the use of narrow frames in the shape of an oval, triangle or pentagon. The surface is made matte or put flower drawings, you can draw cartoon characters. Return to the menu
Mirrors in the interior
A lot of options that can be a great addition to your interior. Let's look at the most relevant examples that are most often used.return to menu ↑
In the corridor
In the corridor, the object of the decor performs a practical function. There is no need to hang decorative mirrors, but to give preference to one wide or several narrow horizontal sheets.. They create a smooth transition from the entrance to the living rooms.
In the interior of the hallway
Several small mirrors are hung on the walls of long corridors. We equip accessories with lighting, we install several wall lamps. To expand the space needed wardrobe, equipped with doors with a reflective surface.return to menu ↑
In the hall
We install a mirror in the hallway, even if there is no space for a dresser or a padded stool. The decor object not only performs a practical function, but also becomes a decoration of the room.
In the corridor, the decor item performs a practical function.
Installation recommendations in the hallway:
- A narrow hallway will visually expand the mirror over the entire surface of the wall. There is also a reception with furniture, equipped with mirror cabinets and doors.
- Choose models with hooks, shelves or drawers.
- Lovers of originality equip an accessory of unusual shape.
- At low ceilings we will install reflective stretch ceilings or ceiling tiles.
- We nail several small mirrors with identical frames along the wall or make a composition from frames of different configurations.
- An inexpressive hallway is decorated with a large mirror canvas in a beautiful frame. For minimalism, choose a laconic frame, for ethnic style - decorate with leather or twine, baroque and gothic - oval frames of wood, covered with patterns.
- Mirror cabinets - carry the functional load. In them we hide keys, small accessories, means for care of clothes and footwear.
- If you want to put a picture and a mirror in the hallway, hang a mirror picture on the wall.
- Small mirrors in the original frames will complement the composition of photographs and paintings.
- We will revet the walls and niches with mirror tiles. So in the hallway will add light, there will be more space.
- We combine mirrors with illumination; we place small lamps next to the decor elements.
In trend use of furniture with a mirror surface. Bedside tables, dressers, hangers and shelves will help to hide clothes and cosmetics, at the same time fit into the overall style.return to menu ↑
In the bathroom
For the bathroom choose a large reflective surface that can withstand the effects of moisture and steam. When buying we are interested in the material for the frame so that the expensive purchase does not become a disappointment. The Provence style will be supplemented with heavyweight structures with an artificially aged frame, for high-tech we select glass or aluminum frames, the classic ones are rectangular models with strict frames.Modern style offers reflective surfaces with LED backlighting. For the bathroom choose products with a frame in the form of scallops or seashells, trying not to overload the room with unnecessary details. Models without frames - a solution for those who can not decide on the style of the bathroom.
For the bath choose large reflective surfaces.
Increase the space of the reflective surface under the bath. To make it last longer, we use shockproof material. We hang on the walls multifaceted mirrors that do not have clear boundaries.
Choosing a mirror in the bathroom
When choosing mirrors in the bathroom of a small apartment, we combine practicality and beauty.
Lockers or shelves
Instead of a shelf with a reflective surface, choose lockers. The area for storing creams and toothbrushes is increasing, and we put indoor plants on the free shelves.
A practical solution to choose a bathroom cabinet under the sink with a mirror. The design plays the role of a dressing table, so the mirror needs lighting. Dimmed lighting promotes relaxation in warm water, in contrast to the sharp top light. Instead of the built-in lighting, choose the expensive option - pendant and table lamps.
The combination of practicality and beauty
Even in a small bath set a tall mirror in full growth. We supplement it with several small models on the walls or make a reflective mosaic. Reception "will expand" the room, the bath will seem much more spacious.
Produce expensive models with heating, so even with high humidity they do not mist over. To care for the usual reflective surface use solution for automotive glass, so provide protection from moisture.BoardFor the bathroom will require several "medical" mirrors. They will help in preparing for the procedures, with their help it is easy to apply makeup.
Bohemian stylereturn to menu ↑
In the kitchen
In the kitchen we put large furniture, and mirrors here will help to expand the usable area. Not only decorate the walls with models in different frames, but also make a mirror surface on the furniture.
Increase the kitchen area:Classic placement - a mirror in a frame on the wall of the kitchen. It is hung at eye level to protect against drops of fat and water. Placement above the sink also does not foresee more care than the same accessory in the bathroom.
Wall models with massive frames, reflecting small interior details, will not increase, but will reduce the space. The option is suitable for large kitchens, and in small ones we paint over frames to match the furniture set so that they “dissolve” in the air.
Wall model with massive frame
- Mirror on the entire area of the wall. If the whole wall or two is mirrored, then we avoid the sensation of a "closed" space. The idea is suitable for small-sized kitchens, will require minimal cost. Located opposite the kitchen unit will make a typical narrow rectangular room.
- Mirror apron. It is difficult for a hostess to wash the stains on the surface every time, although it is possible to pick up a material that is not so dirty;
- Reflective finish kitchen furniture. Upon entering the kitchen, it seems that there is absolutely no furniture here, it "dissolves" in the air. The punishment for the hostess is to clean the mirror room when fingerprints are visible again. Option - order relief or aged coating for furniture;
- Mirror surfaces as an addition to furniture. Strips of mirrors will decorate air ducts or smooth out unsightly surfaces;
- Composition in one style. On the wall we place several accessories united by one type of frame. We experiment with the form to make the composition play.
Location opposite the dining table
Mirrors feature in front of the dining table. They bring abundance to the mistress, pacify, attract a prosperity.return to menu ↑
In the living room
In large living rooms cost and without mirrors, after all, enough space. Use in small rooms becomes a salvation for the owners, corrects minor defects in the room. Before buying a model, assess the layout of the living room, note the shortcomings that need to be hidden.
Living room option
- Should not be reflected more than two large vases or figurines. Otherwise, the room will turn into a collection of junk.
- Mirror ceilings should not be made in the spacious living room. Such a reception is permissible in rooms with low ceilings in order to “lift them up”.
- They “pull” the walls upwards with elongated accessories, and to “expand” them decorate the walls with long mirror strips horizontally.
- Gallery. Reduce the height of the room will help mirror gallery. Framed models hang on the wall. Reception "breaks" the wall, making it visually lower.
- Do not abuse in dark living rooms. Accessories increase the space of the lighted rooms, and without light they will not fulfill their practical purpose. Location is permissible if it is possible to equip the lighting with table or floor lamps.
- We hang a mirror surface opposite the window with a beautiful landscape. If you can see a building or dilapidated houses outside the window, it’s better to give up the idea.
- Select an old vase or an expensive picture with the help of a mirror. Place it in front of the subject to attract attention.
- Composition. We decorate the living room with a composition of several mirrors, framed in frames of the same style. We hang family photographs between objects. The center of the composition will be a large mirror decorated with floral patterns.
- Front garden We transform several pots of plants into an oasis with the help of a reflective surface. For plants we put a mirror to get a spectacular display.
- Accessories in heavy frames lean against the wall. Interior walls can not withstand their weight, so install on the floor. Near furniture, surfaces look beautiful, so we place them near a dresser, cabinet or a lamp on a curved leg. "
- Chimney shelf. The fireplace is decorated with decorative elements, leather armchairs are placed nearby, candles are placed on the shelf, but the upper space is empty. If you attach a mirror above the mantelpiece, not only the space will increase, but also the fire of candles, figurines and knickknacks will be displayed.
Will add any style a mirror window blende. We choose a patterned frame, we artificially age it out, we add binders. The surface in a white frame will fit the French style, the raw wood will create a rustic atmosphere, and the complex interweaving of the frame in a retro-style will play against the background of a heavy pedestal and gilded accessories.return to menu ↑
In the bedroom
On both sides of the bed in the bedroom are bedside tables, but if you attach mirrors behind them - the amount of light increases, the room will get a romantic look. Placing behind the bedside tables does not irritate the eyes, does not contradict the rules of feng shui.
In the interior of the bedroom
Mirror we make the facades of bedside tables, headboard, legs or bed supports. Bearing columns are masked with a reflective surface in order to "dissolve" them in space. Accessories decorate the carved elements, paint the patterns.return to menu ↑
In the nursery
Care about the safety of the baby - the main criterion when choosing a mirror. Accessory contributes to the development of the child, it will take his attention for a long time:
- Invalid reflection of the bed in the mirror. If the baby wakes up at night, then the reflection will be frightened.Also, should not be reflected other items that at night turn into horror stories.
- It is impossible for the nursery to buy doors with a mirror.
- Surface hang vertically, do not place at an angle.
- The accessory should not be damaged and dust.
Accessory contributes to the development of the child
Cut out cartoon characters from contour mirrors by patterns. Girls will love the Winx Club fairies, and boys like racing cars or Mickey's mouse.BoardFor the smallest of the mirror plastic cut out any shape - fish, cars or butterflies. Paste on the wall of children's drawings, and the room becomes fabulous. Return to the menu ↑
Dressing table design
The dressing table accommodates many shelves and drawers. Mirrors choose large in order to conveniently apply makeup. The surface should match the style of the table, not stand out from the overall composition. We put lamps or lamps on both sides, choose soft lighting. The harsh light hits the eyes, makes you squint.
For convenient makeup application
Consider the types of dressing tables:
- Classic. The set includes a table, bedside tables and a mirror.
- Trellis. The table comes with a three-leaved mirror surface. The central part is fixed to the base, and the two side are adjustable. The model allows you to do styling and makeup, to consider the reflection not only from the front, but also from the rear view.
- Pierum. The tops are small, but reflecting the entire surface.
- Design with a folding mirror. The accessory is fixed on the inside of the tabletop, so we take out, if necessary, applying makeup;
- For small bedrooms, choose a wall construction. It takes up little space, the table is made of a pair of legs that are screwed to the wall. It involves mounting a wall model with four legs.
In classic style
In the small bedroom we replace the bedside table with a dressing table, hang a mirror on the wall, put a ottoman. In the large bedrooms we put a dressing table near the window, instead of a desk lamp, we make a backlight with a floor lamp or a forged lamp.return to menu ↑
Mirror in the wardrobe
Transform the room mirror surfaces of the wardrobe. The room will be filled with light, even small rooms will visually become larger.
For the wardrobe
Sliding wardrobes in a decor:
- Fully mirrored surface of the door without a framing material is suitable for small bedrooms. The room is doubled in appearance. The design is installed in a niche of any room, it looks advantageous in front of windows or near pots of plants.
- The doors of wardrobes are not only moved apart in different directions, but also opened like an accordion. If you leave the door slightly ajar, create the effect of multiple display.
- For a classic style fit mirror doors in the framework. In the upper panel arrange additional lighting.
- Narrow wardrobes, along with walls in bright colors, are "pulled apart" by walls of narrow corridors and hallways.
- The surface can be not only solid, but divided by elements into sections. Jumpers do relative to the general style;
- Arranging the mirror full-length on the cabinet doors will allow you to see yourself from all sides.
The room will be filled with light.
Sliding wardrobes with a reflective surface are not only attractive, but also practical. In addition to roominess for clothes, allow us to assess the appearance before leaving the house.
To design the mirror, we work with accessories of different shapes:
- classic version - round, rectangular square models;
- use of triangular mirrors will bring dynamism to the interior;
- ethnic motifs - decorate the frame with ornaments, stones, gems;
- Boho style - rectangular models, artificially aged with chemical solution;
- eclectic - surfaces with curved edges that play a decorative role;
- Moroccan motifs - the spirit of Eastern exoticism is depicted in a mirror quatrefoil;
- Art Deco - a mirror surface by applying amalgam becomes brownish, golden or emerald, brings magic to any room;
- ethnic direction - placement of mirror stripes like the peacock's tail.
Figured, non-standard option
The room will transform the mirror surface, reinforced between the vertical racks, which is turned at its discretion. Mirrors-psyche often produce bilateral, which allows us to consider an increased reflection from the other side.
Experimenting with the frames, we supplement with a spectacular "highlight" the classic style, we put emphasis on the high-tech style. Previously, the mirror surface wore a practical purpose, and over time it became indispensable if you wanted to smooth out the sharp corners of rooms and hide layout errors.return to menu ↑
On a brick wall
Brickwork is combined with any interior style. A large mirror surface will hide part of the unsightly wall, reflect the landscape outside the window or a picture.
In the loft interior
If there is a narrow brick strip along the wall, then we duplicate it on the opposite wall with a mirror. Loft-style brickwork will be transformed if it is decorated with an accessory in an artificially aged frame.
Panel of the mirror
When creating panels connect square or triangular mirror tiles. The design has no practical function, it serves to decorate voids on the walls.Small rooms with specially laid mirror pieces create the illusion of vast space. The cardinal way to apply design ideas is to lay a mirror mosaic on the opposite wall from the window, near which you can install several flowerpots with plants.
The design has no practical function.
Recommendations for placement:
- you can not hang in front of places that we want to hide from strangers;
- mirror surfaces do not have opposite the front door or in the rooms for relaxation, not everyone likes to see their display constantly;
- around the panel do not place pictures or photos in the framework, so as not to give a variegated composition.
When creating a panel, we experiment with the color and texture of the surface, supplement it with finishing materials or fasten it without them.
Serves to decorate the voids on the wallsreturn to menu ↑
Niche in the wall for the mirror
Niche is not only decorative, but also practical function. Here we store the little things or things that are not often used in everyday life. When making a niche use a mirror surface to give the room depth, add light.
At the head of the bed we decorate a niche with a mirror panel, make shelves, decorate around with spotlights or wall lamps. This space is needed to store trivia from travel or family photos.BoardWall grooves should fit into the overall style of the apartment. A large number will overload the room, will create an unpleasant diversity. A niche is a separate accent of the interior; it cannot be turned into a rack filled to the full with dusty statuettes.